(5-2-12) Direct Care Learning Series: Activity Considerations for A Person with Alzheimer's Disease At Risk of 'Wandering'
*REGISTRATION IS CLOSED*
DIRECT CARE LEARNING SERIES
DATE: Wednesday, May 2, 2012
TIME: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
LOCATION: This training will be available through video-conference at four (4) locations.The speaker will be at the LIVE Site: The Guidance Center, Southgate. The Broadcast Sites are: The Children's Center, Detroit; Community Living Services, Wayne; and Lincoln Behavioral Services, Redford
OBJECTIVES - Participants will be able to:
- Identify and contrast typologies of wandering behavior
- Explain potential underlying needs of the wanderer
- Discuss brain changes associated with AD progression
- Develop assessment questions to better understand prior interests
- Associate strengths of the wanderer with activity selection
- Recommend appropriate activity choices based on cognition and wandering style
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: If you have individual requirements or need special services to participate in this training, please notify Renee at firstname.lastname@example.org (734) 785-7705, ext. 7592. Please make arrangements at least two weeks before the training.
REGISTRATION: *REGISTRATION IS CLOSED* Pre-registration is required by THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012. Please click on "register" next to the location you wish to attend. Walk-ins (those that are not pre-registered) will be accepted. Walk-ins are NOT guaranteed seats and will have to wait until the training begins to receive training materials and in some instances a seat. Each location has a different seating capacity, it is in your best interest to pre-register.